Respawn Entertainment has released the full patch notes for Season 8 Mayhem.
Apex Legends Mayhem releases on February 2, bringing with it Fuse, updated King’s Canyon, a new weapon, and more. With the date so close, Respawn Entertainment has released the Season 8 – Mayhem patch notes. We now know the full extent of what is coming in the latest season.
We have already gone into detail about who Fuse is, but we now know Fuse’s kit’s full extent.
- Passive – Grenadier
- Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.
- Tactical – Knuckle Cluster
- Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.
- Ultimate – The Motherlode
- Launch a bombardment that encircles a target area in a wall of flames.
For those curious to see what Fuse’s abilities actually do in-game, Respawn Entertainment released a video showing a few tips of what to expect come Season 8.
Lookin' to cause an absolute ruckus as Fuse on day one? @DazsBF has you covered once again with some bloody good tips and tricks for this bombastic explosives expert.
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) January 31, 2021
The repeater is a heavy ammo lever-action rifle. The weapon has a built-in charge feature that increases the damage of the next round. As we stated in the gameplay trailer, the weapon only loads one round at a time. The weapon has interesting resource management with it and packs a punch as compensation. But the range of the weapon is where it really goes off. Most weapons at range tend to miss a lot of rounds. The 30-30 Repeater has great range with its marksman rifle single shot gameplay. The added charge up makes it incredibly dangerous to take the longshots without fully committing to a Sniper build.
King’s Canyon Map Update
The original King’s Canyon map is getting another update with the North West section of the map. Artillery, Swamp, and other areas have new loot spots, landmarks, erectable towers and new rotate spots. The North West section of King’s Canyon will get a lot more interesting in the coming days.
A Golden Magazine is coming in Season 8. The weapon increases ammo capacity to the same effect purple magazine does. The difference is that it applies an autoload perk to weapons. All the autoloader means it automatically reloads your weapon after a brief delay.
With every new major patch comes changes to the meta and the Legends around it. The fabled Wraith hitbox adjustments are coming in Season 8, so now Wraith is easier to hit. Respawn did a similar thing with Pathfinder in Season 7, as the pick’s dominance was too much. The reality is Wraith is the most dominant pick ever and has remained so since she came out on day one of the game’s lifespan.
- Rampart’s Sheila angle increase from 120° to 180° and her Wall health in build phase increased from 1hp to 45hp (sniper rounds still pierce through)
- Horizon’s Gravity Lift effective cooldown increased from 21s to 25s. The 15s cooldown timer will now start when the Gravity Lift disappears.
- Octane’s Launch Pad is remastered: Many players may have known about Octane’s “super-jump” that was possible with a well-timed jump while hitting the pad. Once the double-jump option was introduced, there was an input clash that led to unreliable usage. We decided to add some launch options that are better defined than the old super-jump.
- Hitting the jump pad from a standing position will launch players along a high arc (the speed and trajectory of the old super-jump). From a crouched position, players will launch along a low arc, meaning they’ll fly lower but farther in the horizontal direction.
- Crypto has lost the ability to stick arc stars to friendly drones.
- Loba can now see loot inside unopened care packages with Eye for Quality and accessible through the Black Market Boutique.
- Caustic’s gas from any source now dissipates as soon as Caustic’s team is eliminated. Not a bad nerf to one of the game’s strongest Legends.
- Mirage’s decoys create footstep sounds. Now he can bamboozle even more.
Likewise, the weapons are getting a touch-up in the new season.
- Respawn has removed the Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7 and Alternator from full kitted spawns. Instead, they have added the R-301, 30-30 Repeater, Mozambique, Longbow DMR, Spitfire to that list.
- Respawn Entertainment is removing the Gold Barrel from the loot pool
- Hop Ups are getting a change with the Double Tap hop up getting removed from the loot pool. The Anvil Rounds hop-up will be added into the loot pool instead.
- Volt’s Bullet damage decreased from 16 to 15
- Alternator’s Bullet damage increased from 15 to 16
- Spitfire’s Bullet damage increased from 18 to 19, with the reload speed increased from 2.8 seconds to 3.2 and the empty reload speed increased from 3.33 seconds to 3.8
- EVA 8’s Fire rate increased from 2.0 to 2.1
Season 8 mayhem is shipping with several new QoL features to make a much smoother game.
- Damage counter
- We have now added a damage counter to the HUD. This was a highly requested feature, so we’re excited to allow people easier tracking for chasing those badges and challenges!
- Pinging Ammo
- Pinging weapons or ammo in your inventory displays your current ammo count along with “player wants ammo” in quick chat.
- Color Blind update
- Healing and reviving will now follow colorblind rules when colorblind settings are enabled
- Lore Blurbs on Canon Skins
- Some of our skins are canon, and some are just for fun. For the skins that represent an important part of that character’s backstory, we’ve added a small blurb to describe the significance of that skin in the Legend’s life.
With all that said and done the Respawn Entertainment team’s full patch notes can be found here.