In this week’s episode of The TouchArcade Show we kick things off talking about our favorite retro emulation devices, as well as some of the reasons why we think emulation is so important for the preservation of video game history, even if it does fall into a legal grey area. Then, following a catastrophic internet failure that may result in some audio and/or video weirdness in the middle of the show, I talk about how I was able to pick up an Xbox Series X and how that has led me down a rabbit hole of crazy technological compatibility problems. Finally, as we always do, we end things with all the big mobile gaming stories of the week, which you can find links for at the Show Notes below.
Don’t forget to shoot us emails with any questions, feedback, or anything else relevant or irrelevant to [email protected]. We read ’em all, and love decoding messages written entirely in emoji. As always, you can listen to us with the links below… And if you like what you hear, please subscribe and/or drop us a review in iTunes. Much appreciated!
As a companion to this audio podcast, we also do a video version of the same show that is exclusive to Patreon which allows you to see us playing the games we’re talking about. Backers can view the most recent video episodes of the TouchArcade show by clicking here. Be sure you’re logged in to see the latest content. For everyone else who is curious, you can check out our public patreon posts to see older episodes of the video podcast. If you like what you see, consider becoming a TouchArcade Patreon backer.
Direct Link: TouchArcadeShow-496.mp3
- The Brilliant Puzzler ‘Baba Is You’ from Hempuli Just Released on iOS and Android with over 200 Levels Included
- Sonic The Hedgehog Comes to ‘Minecraft’ in New DLC Pack
- ‘Titan Quest: Legendary Edition’ Just Got Updated with an FPS Counter, Frame Rate Control Options, Multiple Quality of Life Features, Controller Changes, and More
- ‘Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night’ Discounted for a Limited Time on iOS and Android, New Bloodless Character Pack and Boss Revenge Mode DLC Out Now
- ‘Crash Drive 3’ Launching on ALL the Platforms July 8th with Full Cross-Platform Online Play
- The ‘Apex Legends Mobile’ Closed Beta Is Expanding to More Countries Including Indonesia, Egypt, Peru, and More
- ‘Rush Rally Origins’ Announced, Brings this Fantastic Racing Series Back to Its Top-Down Roots